- VMware Learning Zone -
The VMware Learning Zone is a new subscription-based service that gives you a full year of unlimited, 24/7 access to official VMware video-based training.Top VMware experts and instructors discuss solutions, provide tips and give advice on a variety of advanced topics.
Your paid subscription also gets you:
- Training on the latest products and technologies with new titles added all the time giving you the most up-to-date information on how to optimize your VMware solutions.
- Powerful search functionality to find what you need – and fast. Quickly search for keywords across our entire video library or search within a specific video and drill down to your keyword.
- Content that delivers the help you need on relevant and advanced topics including troubleshooting, deployment and configuration helping you effectively resolve issues, extend functionality and increase productivity.
- Mobile and community access that allows streaming to your tablet, smart phone or laptop along with functionality that lets you take notes, make comments, create bookmarks and join channel discussions.
- New Training Course - VMware Mirage [V5.0] and Horizon with View [V6.0]: Fast Track -
This extended-hours, hands-on training course provides students with skills that they need to deploy a unified image management system using VMware Mirage as well as installing, configuring, and managing the VMware Horizon View component of VMware Horizon.
Students learn how to configure security, manage images, perform a Windows migration, set up endpoint protection, and perform various management functions with Mirage.
Students will also gain practical experience with View concepts through the completion of hands-on labs that include VMware View Manager, VMware View Composer, and the View security server.
- VMworld 2014 - Advanced Network Services with NSX -
Applications are today complex and require on the network side much more than switching and routing. Clouds should be able to host any applications, including your complex applications.
NSX offers a wide range of network services, such as but not limited to firewalling, load balancing and vpn.
In addition with its distributed model of network services NSX can scale to the most demanding applications and thus support your most complex and high-demanding applications.
- Free e-learning course - vRealize Orchestrator for vRealize Automation [V6.1] Fundamentals -
The VMware vRealize Orchestrator for vRealize Automation Fundamentals eLearning course is designed to educate students about important workflows that can be accomplished out-of-the-box with vRealize Automation. It provides examples of how vRealize Orchestrator can be used to extend the power of the product with customized workflows.
There are three lessons in this course.
- Assess the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Anything as a Service (XaaS) extensibility features for vRealize Automation.
- Describe Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Anything as a Service (XaaS) functionality with vRealize Orchestrator.
- Describe Anything as a Service (XaaS) functionality with Advanced Service Designer (ASD).
- Cloud Automation Savings Calculator -
This calculator shows the size of your physical and virtual IT environment and projected growth rates. These assumptions are for the next 12 months. The results are presented in the "Cloud Automation Savings Report"
The results in this report are based on the cost savings that can be achieved by deploying an on-demand cloud infrastructure that automates the delivery of IT services within predefined governance policies.
- Brain Graf about PowerActions -
PowerActions integrates the vSphere Web Client and PowerCLI to provide complex automation solutions from within the standard vSphere management client. PowerActions is deployed as a plugin for the vSphere Web Client and will allow you to execute PowerCLI commands and scripts in a vSphere Web Client integrated Powershell console.
Furthermore, administrators will be able to enhance the native WebClient capabilities with actions and reports backed by PowerCLI scripts persisted on the vSphere Web Client. Have you ever wanted to “Right Click” an object in the web client and run a PowerCLI script?
Now you can! For example I as an Administrator will be able to define a new action for the VM objects presented in the Web client, describe/back this action with a PowerCLI script, save it in a script repository within the Web client and later re-use the newly defined action straight from the VM object context (right click) menu.
- VMware Workspace Portal 2.1 Reviewer's Guide -
The VMware Workspace Portal 2.1 Reviewer’s Guide is comprehensive technical overview of VMware Workspace Portal. Workspace Portal enables you to build a self-service app store that provides your end users with access to any application from any device. As an IT professional, you can use Workspace Portal to deliver, manage, and secure enterprise assets and support Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives from a central location.
This guide provides a hands-on evaluation of some of the key features of Workspace Portal. It walks you through a series of exercises, each building on the one before. When you complete the exercises, you will have a working configuration and an understanding of the key features and capabilities of Workspace Portal in the context of meaningful use cases.
The installation and configuration sections present a basic deployment of a Workspace Portal appliance. You can then use your Workspace Portal appliance to entitle users to managed multi-device access to Microsoft Windows applications and VMware Horizon with View desktops. In the remaining sections, you set up additional services in Workspace Portal to provide access to Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-hosted applications, VMware ThinApp packages, and Citrix published applications.
- vSphere Replication Calculator -
Storage and network bandwidth requirements can increase when using vSphere Replication. Besides the network transfers of replicated data from the primary site to the vSphere Replication server, and the transfers from the vSphere Replication server to the ESXi host, the host writes the data to storage once and then, due to the use of redo log snapshots, reads the data back and rewrites it to storage.The amount of network bandwidth that vSphere Replication requires to replicate virtual machines efficiently depends on several factors in your environment.To further help you to estimate the amount of bandwidth that vSphere Replication requires, VMware provides the online vSphere Replication Calculator.
- Scott Lowe speaks to VMworld TV about his VMworld experience -
Talking with Eric Sloof, VMware's Scott Lowe discusses his VMworld so far.
- Hands-on-Lab: Running OpenStack on VMware vSphere and NSX -
Are you interested in learning more about how to deploy, consume and operate OpenStack on Vmware vSphere and NSX? This Hand-on-Lab session provides you with step-by-step guidance on every aspect of running OpenStack on VMware
- Duncan Epping talks to Eric Sloof about his new role in VMware -
- Configuring VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.1 High Availability Using an F5 Load Balancer -
The configuration of the F5 load balancer with vCloud Automation Center 6.1 in a highly available (HA) configuration requires that the various components are implemented in the correct sequence.
Failing to follow the documented sequence can create unpredictable consequences and/or dependencies on other components where dependencies should not be placed.
- VMware Management with PowerCLI 5.8 Release 1 Poster -
VMware vSphere PowerCLI contains snapins of cmdlets based on Microsoft PowerShell for automating vSphere and vCloud administration. It provides C# and PowerShell interfaces to VMware vSphere and vCloud APIs. You can download the VMware Management with PowerCLI 5.8 Release 1 Poster here.
- VMworld TV - Eric Sloof talks to Mike Laverick about EVO Rail -
Exclusive VMworld TV interview with Mike Laverick about his VMworld 2014, and of course, the EVO Rail
- Latest Fling from VMware Labs - Horizon Migration Tool -
The Horizon Migration Tool helps you migrate published applications and desktops from XenApp to Horizon View. One XenApp farm is migrated to one or more Horizon View farm(s).The GUI wizard-based tool helps you:
- Validate the View agent status on RDS hosts (from View connection server, and XenApp server)
- Create farms
- Validate application availability on RDS hosts
- Migrate application/desktop to one or multiple farms (new or existing)
- Migrate entitlements to new or existing applications/desktops. Combination of application entitlements are supported
- Check environment
- Identify incompatible features and configuration
Download: Horizon Migration Tool
- Free e-learning course - VMware vRealize Hyperic Fundamentals [V5.8] -
Typical data centers have a diverse ecosystem of applications running on a wide range of web servers, application servers, and database platforms, coexisting with mainframe based applications. Virtualized applications, with virtual machines that are constantly starting, stopping, and reverting to snapshots, adds to the complexity of datacenter operations. In this complex environment, effectively monitoring and managing datacenter resources is very challenging.VMware® vRealize™ Hyperic® (formally known as VMware® vCenter™ Hyperic®) is a component of the VMware® vRealize™ Operations Management Suite™ (formally known as VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™). It monitors operating systems, applications, and services running in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. VMware vRealize Hyperic offers the unique ability to automatically discover, inventory, and monitor servers, regardless of type or location, and enables application operations teams to ensure that business-critical applications run without fail.This eLearning course presents an overview and high-level architecture of VMware vRealize Hyperic , describes the installation process, and demonstrates how VMware vRealize Hyperic can be used to effectively monitor and manage resources.
Register for this course
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.1 - Reference Architecture -
This technical white paper provides recommendations about deployment topology, hardware specifications, interoperability, and scalability for the following VMware components.
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.1
- VMware vCloud Application Services 6.1
- VMware IT Business Management Standard Edition 1.1
- Download VMware Remote Console 7.0 -
VMware Remote Console provides console access and client device connection to VMs on a remote host. You will need to download this installer before you can launch the external VMRC application directly from a vSphere web client.
Download VMware Remote Console 7.0
- VMworld 2014 Europe Day 3 Highlights -
Can you believe it? VMworld Europe came to an end today, and while numerous tears were shed, Jeremy and Eric from VMworld TV soldiered on through the heartache. They've laughed, they've launched virtual machines, they met Simple Minds!
- VMworld TV Day 2 Highlights -